Brianna Radar was just like any other mother we’ve met, a woman who was incredibly proud of her four year old son. He was a happy and healthy child, with a curious streak. Like most little boys, he was extremely outgoing, but still made sure to listen to the rules and regulations that his mother laid out for him. Imagine Brianna’s shock and horror when she found her precious son playing in the kitchen, placing himself in extreme danger. One fateful afternoon, little Matthew Radar decided to do a little bit of kitchen exploration on his own. After spending some time in the room alone, Matthew discovered the spice rack.
Once he found the spice rack, Matthew then placed some cinnamon in his mouth. All it took was mere seconds for the little boy to begin choking, sending his mother into a panic. When Brianna found her son, it appeared to her as if he were having some sort of seizure. Matthew then collapsed, at which time his mother rushed him to the hospital as fast as she could. 90 minutes later, Matthew was pronounced dead. The cause of his death was revealed to be accidental, as many are unaware that cinnamon inhalation can cause asphyxiation. Brianna has decided to share this tragic with as many mothers as possible, in hopes of avoiding similar fates around the country.
Cinnamon is one of the most hazardous items in your family kitchen that you are not aware of. This video becomes especially important at times like these, with people participating in the Cinnamon Challenge. If this mother’s impassioned message can save just one life, then perhaps little Matthew’s death will not have been in vain. For those who are not familiar with the Cinnamon Challenge, it is a food challenge that has gone viral. A person films themselves swallowing an entire spoonful of ground cinnamon in under a minute, without being able to take a sip of water. These videos have been passed around with glee, as viewers enjoy watching people torment their own bodies.
Brianna Radar warns viewers against participating in this challenge, reminding them that they could get hurt. Participants have experienced collapsed lungs, coughing, difficulty breathing and extreme gagging. While Brianna was not aware of the dangers of cinnamon, she is taking her story to the public, so that incidents like these can become a thing of the past.