Foods You Didn’t Know Could Kill Your Dog


We all love our pets, but did you know that even though dogs are man’s best friend it doesn’t mean you should feed him everything you would feed your human best friend? There are more than 10 human foods that can literally kill or make your best friend extremely ill! It’s important to understand sometimes the most loving thing you can do for your pet is to say NO even if it’s to foods he or she loves!


Sweet treats are not sweet for man’s best friend, well at least this one isn’t. Most people seem to be aware that chocolate is not good for dogs, but most may not understand why or just how not good it is for their family friend. Chocolate is number one on the list of things to avoid feeding to your dog or puppy.

The reason this sweet treat can be deadly to your pet is because chocolate contains caffeine and theobromine both of which are considered a part of the methylzantines category. The higher the levels of methylxanthines the more toxic it is. Chocolate, especially dark chocolate, can cause your dog to experience dehydration, vomiting, severe agitation (just think about how jittery you become after consuming high amounts of caffeine!). Chocolate can also cause muscle tremors, highly irregular heart rhythms, seizures and death.


Garlic taste delicious and some dogs even seem to be pulled to wanting to try a taste, but garlic is bad, really bad for dogs! Unfortunately garlic has numerous compounds within it that are extremely toxic to dogs. It has a very dangerous effect on a dogs red blood cells, so dangerous in fact a blood transfusion might very well be the only thing that can save the life of a pet who has eaten garlic.

Be warned though, even though your best friend ate some last night and seems fine today, the effects don’t begin to appear for a few days. Garlic toxicity symptoms are as follows: Fido will become too tired to play and even reluctant to even move, his urine will appear orange or dark red, if this happens get your pet to the nearest vet.


Grapes although fun to eat are also another of those very bad things to feed your dog! Grapes like Garlic can lead to the death of your pet within days! The compounds and chemicals that are so toxic to dogs are not known or understood, but grapes and raisins (which are actually dried grapes) cause swift kidney failure leading to death within three to four days! The scary part about a pet eating grapes is depending on the dog symptoms may not even show up. Some of the symptoms that can appear are lethargy, dehydration, vomiting, diarrhea and lack of appetite.


With so many normal every day foods we humans eat on a daily basis, if you have a best buddy in the form of a dog, it’s a good idea to make sure you educated yourself as to the things you may think are Okay to share with your dog, but could in fact could actually lead to a heartbreaking end to your friendship. Please make sure to view and share this information so we can all make sure loving our faithful friends doesn’t include sharing foods that can literally end their lives. SHARE THIS WITH A DOG LOVER!

Share On Facebook
Share On Facebook